Information about getting to and from school
Translate this page
Kiss and Ride
Morning: 8:50 a.m. - 9:05 a.m. (Students should be in the classrooms when school begins at 9:10 a.m.)
- During arrival and dismissal times, cars must exit from the school parking lot by making RIGHT TURNS ONLY. For safety reasons, U-turns will not be permitted on Commonwealth Blvd.
- Clearly display your kiss and ride number on the dashboard or visor.
- Drop off and pick up your child only in the Kiss and Ride traffic pattern.
- Pull your car forward as far as possible in the line.
- Make sure that your child exits your car on the building side.
- If you do not have your kiss and ride number, please park and come into the main office for assistance.
- If your child needs assistance carrying something inside or getting something out of the car, please park and walk your child into the building.
Responsible students have been selected to participate in the school safety program directed by a teacher sponsor with assistance from Fairfax County Police. The primary objective is to promote safety among children. Patrols have neither the authority nor the training to stop or direct traffic.
Students who walk to school should be reminded to follow safety rules. Prescribed routes which are monitored by safety patrols should be taken. Students should walk on sidewalks, avoiding neighborhood yards.
Bus service is provided for students who live more than one mile from school or where walking is hazardous. Schedules for bus riders are mailed to students prior to the first day of school. Students are expected to cooperate with safety patrols and bus drivers, behave in an orderly manner, obey safety rules, remain seated and talk quietly after boarding the bus. Students who persist in disruptive behavior can be denied temporarily (or permanently in extreme cases) the privilege of riding the bus.
Kindergarten Parents: For your child’s safety, a parent, daycare provider, designated adult, or a sibling in 7th grade or higher is required to meet your child at the bus stop/bus door. If such person is not at the bus stop/bus door, the child will be returned to school.
Bus Delay Notification System
This system provides parents with timely notification of late bus route information. Parents may access the system at the link below or use the FCPS Mobile App to receive the delayed bus report. Morning route information will be available until noon. The afternoon route information will be available from 1-5 p.m.
Need assistance or have questions? Contact the FCPS transportation office for our school at 703-249-7000. For any concerns after hours, contact Safety and Security at 571-423-2000.
Parking and Picking Up Children
Virginia state law forbids the passing of a school bus that is loading or unloading children. We do not allow parking in the bus loop during arrival and dismissal. Please use the crosswalk when bringing your child into the school or picking them up and refrain from crossing between the parked buses as children are loading.